SHEDD AQUARIUM PARKING
Millennium Garages offers convenient, worry-free online parking for the Shedd Aquarium!
Discounted online rate is available at Grant Park South.
Rates include tax.
Discounted multi-day online rates are available at all Millennium Garages.
Rates include tax.
PARKING GARAGE RECOMMENDATION
For the most convenient parking for the Shedd Aquarium, park at Grant Park South Garage. The Shedd Aquarium is a beautiful 20-minute walk from the Grant Park South Garage.
Reduced rate pre-purchased parking is available online at all Millennium Garages.
|Grant Park North||Grant Park South|
|Millennium Park||Millennium Lakeside|
ABOUT THE SHEDD AQUARIUMThe Shedd Aquarium opened to the public in May of 1930 thanks to an initial donation of $2 million by John G. Shedd. Shedd, the president of Marshall Field & Company, wanted to give back to the city of Chicago so he founded the Shedd Aquarium Society with his donation.
Since 1930, the Shedd has expanded twice, with both additions carefully respecting the original architecture that earned the aquarium a Natural Historic Landmark designation. Shedd combines the best of the early 20th century “age of aquarium” characteristics – a diverse, global animal collection surrounded by amazing architecture – with 21st century advances in animal care and environments.
Every year, the Shedd Aquarium welcomes two million visitors to meet over 32,000 creatures from aquatic habitats around the world.
- Abbott Oceanarium: Immerse yourself in the coastal ecosystem of the Pacific Northwest with Pacific white-sided dolphins, beluga whales, sea lions, and sea otters.
- Amazon Rising: See how the region adapts to the water’s dramatic annual rise and fall.
- Caribbean Reef: Take a 360-degree tour of an underwater reef community.
- Polar Play Zone: Fun for kids including an underwater viewing space and penguins!
- Waters of the World: Includes 77 different habitats, including oceans, tropical islands, wetlands, an underwater cave, great rivers, and the Great Lakes.
- Wild Reef: An award-winning, diverse marine metropolis that is home to more sharks, stingrays, and live coral than any other exhibit.
Where: 1200 S. Lake Shore Dr., Chicago, IL 60605
When: Monday – Friday 9 AM – 5 PM, Saturday and Sunday 9 AM – 6 PM